Dr. David F. Uhry of Dacula Chiropractic Center, Inc recently obtained the postgraduate designation of Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician®(CCSP) by the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians® (ACBSP). The CCSP certification requires the doctor to attend a minimum of 100 hours of this postgraduate program. The instruction is specific to physical fitness and the evaluation and treatment of injuries encountered in sports. Following the completion of these hours, Dr. Uhry successfully passed a comprehensive written national exam.
The training that Dr. Uhry received will assist him in the prevention and treatment of athletic injuries by enhancing his advanced diagnostic skills and patient care. The CCSP accreditation exists to provide uniform standards of education. This training assures teams and athletes that the doctor has met a level of competency in chiropractic sports medicine and emergency care on the playing field.Dr. Uhry joins only a handful of others in the state of Georgia and, a few thousand others internationally who have achieved this designation of excellence.This distinction recognizes him as a sports specialist in his field and allows him to assist TEAM USA Olympic and Paralympic athletes at the United States Olympic Training Center clinics.
GET BACK IN THE GAME FAST, NO MATTER WHAT YOUR GAME MIGHT BE.
Working together with orthopedists, physical therapists and trainers, I add my specialized knowledge as an active COMPONENT of an INTEGRATED healthcare TEAM. When you see a professional game, there are many teams present. The team playing, the team of coaches and the healthcare team, each with their own specialty.
Did you know that most professional sports teams have a chiropractor on staff? Many of those chiropractors are Certified Chiropractic Sports Physicians.
I’ve had the pleasure of treating numerous professional and amateur athletes over my career. From National and world champion handball players, professional baseball, football and golfers, semi-pro soccer players, gymnasts, national and Junior Olympic karate champions to our local future stars. Because of my love of sports and the recent increase in sports related injuries I’ve seen in my office, I was compelled to learn advanced training to support our community and the athletic programs in our area.
What you should know about Certified Chiropractic Sports Physicians?
- Possess specialized knowledge of sports injuries and physical fitness
- Can integrate seamlessly with other healthcare practitioners to optimize your medical care
- Are immersed in the latest sports medicine research, trends and treatment techniques
- Offer individualized care that extends beyond spinal adjustments to include direct treatment of muscles, joints and connective tissues
- Can help optimize athletic performance with an ADVANCED understanding of musculoskeletal function
- Focus on total body wellness and reaching optimal function, NOT JUST REDUCING PAIN.
- Will help you achieve YOUR peak performance with breadth and dept of knowledge found only with their specific training
- Comprise the top tier of the chiropractic profession
BENEFITS TO ATHLETES
- Faster recovery from injuries – get back to play sooner
- Guidance for athletic training
- Sports nutrition consulting
- Sports-specific treatment and preventative exercises
- On field emergency care
- Assessment, management and return to play criteria
- Concussion specialists
AND TO NON-ATHLETES
- Faster evaluation of injury or pain source
- Reduced treatment duration – LESS VISITS
- Corrective exercises to prevent injuries
- Take advantage of the latest treatments and methods developed for athletes
- Sports injury diagnosis, treatment and prevention
- Rehabilitation exercises that support you vs. pain you
- Emergency procedures
- Joint supports and taping
- Evaluation and treatment for shoulder, elbow, wrist, knee and ankle injuries
If you are interested in having your sports event covered, would like to enhance your healthcare team on the sidelines or would like to be evaluated for a sports injury, please contact ‘Dr. Dave’ at 770-822-1922